Sunday, October 17, 2010

Midterm Reflections: A look at our first weeks

1. After studying 21st century media, I have learned a variety of new skills and information about media and how our world use's these platforms. The main concept I have taken is the importance of 21st technology converging with our society, creating a new face to the market.

2. The most important thing I have learned about myself as a critical reader, writer, and thinker, I am very influenced by media and the exposure we have to it everyday. It makes me think about everyday choices, which in turn reflects in my writings.

3. If I were to take this class again, I would memorize my power tools so I knew them like the back of my hand. This would help me with the quiz's and trying to think of the power tools when looking at real life examples.

4. Something you could do differently is make the blog posts due before the time of the class. I'm always short of time and tend to forget to blog on those lazy Sundays. Other than that I love this class and think the format is extremely effective

5. Power Tools- I like the power tools and I have found myself applying them in my other classes. They are very useful and I've impressed lots of teachers

Course Blog- Although I like the idea of blogging and understand why it is necessary, it is difficult sometimes to keep up with them and create a post that is actually insightful.

Personal Blog- The idea of my own blog is a great one and something I will be able to show off to future employees and job opportunities.

Quiz's- Although everyone hate's taking quiz's, I think it's a great concept to have these small tests. It keeps us focuses and sharp for the materials we need to know. It does this in a manner that is simple and not stressful.

Film- The films are goof because the give us real life applications for the power tools.

Books- Although I enjoy the book and find it very interesting, I feel I have not learned as much from it as opposed to our "in class" discussions, projects, and activities.

1 comment:

  1. Useful midterm reflections here, John.

    I like your comment about "impressing" other teachers with our power tools - nice to know skills and tools have transferability, yes?

    Hang with out book - it is a good resource!

    Onward and audeamus,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete